Celebrity Football Fans
Celebrities Who Love NFL Teams
Besides the legion of average-Joe supporters, the NFL also has its share of celebrity football fans. Whether they support their hometown team or just go to the games to be seen, these famous fans often find their way onto your television screen for a few seconds during the game.
But just in case you missed them, Iu0092ve put together a list of 50 top NFL celebrity fans. I’ve tried to include a fan for each of the 32 NFL teams, but some of the outlying teams are a little less likely to have celebrities attending their games. With no NFL team in L.A., though, these guys don’t have the easy ticket to NFL games.
1. Will Smith (Philadelphia Eagles) – One of only three actors in the history of film to have seven consecutive $100 million hits (along with Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks), Will Smith has also found success on television and in music. Having grown up in Philadelphia (his mother worked as a teacher), Smith has been a loyal fan of the Eagles for many years.
2. Adam Sandler (Pittsburgh Steelers) – Though he was raised in New York, superstar comic Sandler is now a fan of the Steelers. This might have a little something to do with his remake of The Longest Yard, where his character, Paul u0093Wreckingu0094 Crewe, is a former quarterback for the Steelers. A football fanatic, Sandler also starred in The Waterboy and has recorded a comedy song entitled u0093Lonesome Kicker.u0094
3. Matthew McConaughey (Washington Redskins) – Despite growing up in Texas, the star of Sahara, A Time to Kill and Frailty has admitted to becoming a Redskins fan from an early age. He cites John Riggins as one of his favorite players and claims to have attended the last game at RFK Stadium and the first game at FedEx Field.
4. Ice Cube (Oakland Raiders) – Born in South Central Los Angeles, Ice Cube is one of the most high profile members of the Raider Nation. He has been known to wear team gear in his music videos and even films such as Boyz in the Hood.
5. Jay-Z (New York Jets) – Born in Brooklyn, New York, hip-hop artist and entrepreneur Jay-Z is a well-known fan of the Jets. When heu0092s not jet-setting with wife Beyonce Knowles, he can also be found tending to matters involving the New Jersey Nets, of which he is part-owner.
6. George Clooney (Cincinnati Bengals) – One of the biggest stars on the planet, Clooney is known to be an avid fan of the Bengals. Heu0092s also starred in such hits as O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Oceanu0092s Eleven and From Dusk Till Dawn.
7. Dwyane Wade (Chicago Bears) – Having grown up in Chicago, the shooting guard for the Miami Heat has been a vocal supporter of the Chicago Bears for many years. A devoted Christian, Wade gives 10% of his earnings to the church, and he even recently bought a place of worship for his mother, herself a Baptist pastor.
8. Chuck Liddell (San Diego Chargers) – Hailing from Santa Barbara, California, the UFC fighter has long been a fan of the Chargers. Heu0092s even been known to attend tailgate parties prior to home games.
9. Mark Wahlberg (New England Patriots) – Formerly known as Marky Mark, this one-time pop star and current actor is a native of Boston, Massachusetts. Besides cheering on the Patriots, heu0092s also taken a little time to star in films such as Three Kings, The Departed and The Happening.
10. Rush Limbaugh (Pittsburgh Steelers) – In the early 70s, conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh worked at radio station KQV in Pittsburgh. Since that time, heu0092s been a fan of the Steelers. The football fanatic even worked briefly as a studio analyst for ESPNu0092s Sunday NFL Countdown, until a controversial comment led to his resignation.
11. Denzel Washington (New York Jets) – Born in Mt. Vernon, New York, the two-time Oscar winner has appeared in such respected films as Malcolm X, Philadelphia and Training Day. Besides being a Jets fan, Washington has also appeared in Remember the Titans, regarded by many as the best football movie ever made. One of his sons signed with the St. Louis Rams in 2006.
12. Ed Asner (Chicago Bears) – Ever since attending The University of Chicago, actor Ed Asner has been a fan of the Chicago Bears. Heu0092s best known for portraying the character of Lou Grant on two different television series, but he also happens to be an avid collector of comic books in his spare time.
13. Tim McGraw (Green Bay Packers) – Itu0092s no surprise that Tim McGraw would be a fan of the Packers, as heu0092s personal friends with former quarterback and fellow Louisiana native Brett Favre. Through the 2005 NFL season, McGrawu0092s u0093I Like It, I Love It,u0094 was played each week during the halftime show of Monday Night Football. His college roommate, Doug Pederson, would go on to play quarterback at the professional level.
14. Jeff Goldblum (Pittsburgh Steelers) – The quirky actor was born in the Pittsburgh suburb of West Homestead, Pennsylvania. Besides cheering on the Steelers and appearing in such films as The Fly and Jurassic Park, he also had the honor of romancing actresses Gena Davis and Laura Dern in their prime.
15. Donald Trump (Buffalo Bills) – The outspoken billionaire and host of televisionu0092s Apprentice was born in New York City. Since the Bills are the only football team to actually play home games in New York, then itu0092s fitting that Trump would become a fan. In the 80s, he was also the owner of the USFLu0092s New Jersey Generals.
16. Tiger Woods (Oakland Raiders) – The worldu0092s greatest golfer grew up in a suburb of Los Angeles known as Cypress, California. No doubt, the Raiders slogan of u0093Just win, baby,u0094 appealed to Tiger, as he has been a fan of the team for many years. In fact, the Raiders could take some cues from Tiger when it comes to winning.
17. Bret Michaels (Pittsburgh Steelers) – Born in Butler, Pennsylvania, the lead singer for Poison has been a Steelers fan since he was a child. One of his guitars has the teamu0092s logo, and heu0092s even sang the National Anthem at Three Rivers Stadium. He lists his favorite Steeler as Jack Lambert, and heu0092s been a member of the fan club known as u0093Lambertu0092s Lunatics.u0094
18. Robin Williams (San Francisco 49ers) – Heu0092s played Mork, Popeye, Patch Adams and even Teddy Roosevelt. Along the way, Williams has become one of the countryu0092s top comedic actors. A fan of the San Francisco Forty-Niners, Williams is even listed on the teamu0092s website as the favorite actor of mascot Sourdough Sam.
19. Jim Cramer (Philadelphia Eagles) – Cramer, the former hedge fund manager and host of CNBCu0092s Mad Money, was born and raised in Pennsylvania. Not surprisingly, he also happens to be a longtime fan of the Eagles.
20. Chris Berman (Buffalo Bills) – The voice and face of ESPN, Berman is recognizable to a legion of sports fans. Heu0092s a passionate fan of the Bills (just ask the Swami), and heu0092s reported to have a close friendship with former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly.
21. Justin Timberlake (Green Bay Packers) – The actor, singer and dancer is a certified superstar. Heu0092s sold millions of records (both solo and as part of u0092N Sync) and even claims to have relieved girlfriend Britney Spears of her virginity. When heu0092s not busy bringing sexy back, you might find him at a Packers game with sometime-girlfriend Jessica Biel.
22. Jennifer Garner (San Francisco 49ers) – The wife of Ben Affleck, Garner has starred in the television show Alias, as well as the films Electra, The Kingdom, and Juno. She has stated in interviews that she will root for the Niners until a professional football team is brought to Los Angeles.
23. Carrie Underwood (Dallas Cowboys) – Before she won American Idol and started cranking out platinum albums, country singer Carrie Underwood was born and raised in Chekotah, Oklahoma. Since the state doesnu0092t have a professional football team, Underwood turned her attention to the nearby Dallas Cowboys. Years later, she would briefly date Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo.
24. Dana Carvey (San Francisco 49ers) – The man who brought us Garth, The Church Lady and Hans on Saturday Night Live has been a fan of the Niners since he was a little boy. This can be attributed to the fact that his family moved to the San Francisco Bay area when he was three years old, and Carvey later attended San Francisco State University.
25. Ryan Phillippe (Philadelphia Eagles) – The ex-husband of actress Reese Witherspoon is an avid fan of Philadelphia sports teams, specifically the Eagles and Phillies. You can catch him in movies such as Breach, Cruel Intentions and Flags of Our Fathers.
26. Larry the Cable Guy (Green Bay Packers) – Daniel Whitney, aka Larry the Cable Guy, is a passionate fan of both the Nebraska Cornhuskers and the Green Bay Packers. To show his loyalty to the sport, heu0092s even appeared opposite Dan Marino in a Nutrisystem commercial, where the Dolphins legend utters Larryu0092s catchphrase u0093Git-R-Done.u0094
27. Lewis Black (Washington Redskins) – Born in Washington, D.C., Lewis Black is a lifelong Redskins fan. Heu0092s also a noted actor, playwright, author and stand-up comic.
28. Chuck Yeager (Indianapolis Colts) – One of the first test pilots to travel faster than the speed of sound, Yeageru0092s flying career extends more than sixty years. He retired from the military with the rank of Brigadier-General. Prior to the Super Bowl showdown between the Colts and the Bears, Yeager picked the Colts to win and admitted his admiration for Peyton Manning and his teammates.
29. Snoop Dogg (Pittsburgh Steelers) – Born Calvin Broadus, Jr., the rap artist known as Snoop Dogg has proclaimed his newfound love of the Steelers, despite having spent most of his life in the state of California. This has led many fans to accuse him of jumping on the bandwagon.
30. George H.W. Bush (Houston Texans) – The 41st President of the United States now lives in an exclusive section of Houston, Texas. He frequently attends Texansu0092 games as a personal guest of owner Bob McNair.
31. Jessica Biel (Green Bay Packers) – This gorgeous actress and model is best known for her role on televisionu0092s 7th Heaven, but sheu0092s since become a full-fledged movie star. Sheu0092s been romantically linked to Chris Evans, Derek Jeter and Justin Timberlake. She and pop superstar Timberlake were even spotted together at a Packers game.
32. Carlos Santana (Oakland Raiders) – Originally born in Mexico, legendary guitarist Carlos Santana and his family immigrated to California when he was 13 years old. Despite living and working in San Francisco, Santana somehow ended up as a member of the Raider Nation.
33. Gary Sinise (Chicago Bears) – Sinise is an Emmy-winning actor who has starred in films such as Forrest Gump and Of Mice and Men. He currently stars as Detective Mac Taylor on the CBS series CSI: NY. A native of Illinois (born in Blue Island and attended college at Illinois State University), Sinise is a dedicated Bears fan.
34. Matthew Fox (Philadelphia Eagles) – While he grew up in Wyoming, actor Matthew Foxu0092s father had once worked for Getty Oil in Philadelphia. Perhaps this explains why the star of Lost is such an avid Eagles fan. Fox has even admitted in interviews that he throws a big football watching party every Sunday during the NFL season.
35. Demi Moore (Green Bay Packers) – This talented actress and sex symbol for the ages has starred in A Few Good Men, Ghost, Indecent Proposal and G.I. Jane. In 2005, she married Ashton Kutcher, her junior by 15 years. On more than one occasion, they have been spotted together at Lambeau Field.
36. Tom Hanks (Oakland Raiders) – One of the biggest stars in the history of film, Tom Hanks served as a peanut vendor at the Oakland Coliseum during his teenage years. While his favorite sports team is the Oakland Athletics, he also admits to having a soft spot in his heart for the Raiders.
37. Meat Loaf (Buffalo Bills) – His album Bat Out of Hell has sold over 37 million copies. Heu0092s also appeared in films ranging from Fight Club to Spice World. But despite being born and raised in Dallas, Texas, the artist known as Meat Loaf is actually a die-hard Buffalo Bills fan.
38. Carmen Electra (Cincinnati Bengals) – This brunette sexpot has been steaming up the screen, and the pages of Playboy, for a number of years. When sheu0092s not releasing DVDs extolling the health benefits of pole dancing, she might be found rooting for the Bengals.
39. Haley Joel Osment (Indianapolis Colts) – Best remembered as the kid who sees dead people, Haley Joel is also a self-admitted fan of Peyton Manning. In addition, he holds the distinction of correctly predicting the Super Bowl winner for eight straight years.
40. Hulk Hogan (New York Jets) – With his trademark voice and unique look, youu0092d be hard-pressed to find someone who doesnu0092t recognize Hulk Hogan. And even though he was born in Georgia, The Hulkster has been a loyal supporter of the Jets for years. The team even recently featured a picture of Hogan wearing a team jersey on their website.
41. Ashton Kutcher (Chicago Bears) – Heu0092s a former male model, actor and celebrity prankster. Heu0092s also married to MILF-supreme, Demi Moore. But you might not know that Kutcher is also a Bears fan. Ashton Kutcher grew up in Iowa during the 1985 Super Bowl Shuffle Bears era and has been a fan ever since.
42. James Hetfield (Oakland Raiders) – Metallicau0092s frontman grew up a Raiders fan in Los Angeles county, and his passion for the Silver & Black continues to this day. In fact, Metallica performed a free concert in the parking lot of the Coliseum prior to the 2003 AFC Championship game between the Raiders and the Titans.
43. Elisabeth Shue (Indianapolis Colts) – Having acted in such pop culture staples as The Karate Kid and Back to the Future, Elisabeth Shue was a very well-known face in the 80s and 90s. While her career may have slowed down, her passion for the Colts certainly hasnu0092t. She was among a list of celebrities asked to pick the winner of Super Bowl XLI for ESPN. As expected, she predicted the Colts to come out on top.
44. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (Washington Redskins) – Sometimes simply known as u0093Junior,u0094 this Daytona 500 winner is the son of the legendary Dale Earnhardt, Sr.. An avid Redskins fan, he cheers them on when heu0092s not busy appearing in movies, ads and music videos.
45. Nick Lachey (Cincinnati Bengals) – The former husband of Jessica Simpson and former member of 98 Degrees has somewhat struggled on his own. Of course, that makes him the perfect Bengals fan, as nobody knows more about struggling than they do.
46. Jessica Simpson (Dallas Cowboys) – Ultra-hot and semi-talented, Jessica Simpson seems to be everywhere these days. When sheu0092s not acting or singing, Jessica is an avid fan of the Cowboys. Part of this is due to the fact that sheu0092s a native Texan and attended school in a suburb of Dallas. The other part is that she started dating Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo in November of 2007. This has led some of his teammates to playfully dub her u0093Yoko Romo.u0094
47. Faith Hill (Green Bay Packers) – Having sold over 35 million records, Faith Hill is one of the all-time most successful female singers. Since husband Tim McGraw is friends with former quarterback Brett Favre, itu0092s not unusual to spot Faith at Lambeau Field. Oh, and donu0092t grab her husbandu0092s package; she hates when people do that.
48. Al Franken (Minnesota Vikings) – One of the original writers for Saturday Night Live, Al Franken was born in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. When not rooting for the Vikings, heu0092s a successful actor, comedian, political commentator and radio host.
49. Jerry Ou0092Connell (San Diego Chargers) – The star of shows such as Sliders and Crossing Jordan has been seen sporting a Quentin Jammer jersey. Really, who would wear a Quentin Jammer jersey besides a dyed-in-the-wool Chargers fan?
50. Trey Parker & Matt Stone (Denver Broncos) – Since the creators of South Park were born and raised in Colorado, itu0092s natural that they would set their show there. Itu0092s also natural that there would be plenty of references to John Elway and the Denver Broncos. In one show, quarterback Jay Cutler is told that he kinds sucks, but he might be good one day.